Call 211 and you will have access to an entire network of community, social, health and government services. Your call will be answered by a professional information and referral specialist who is trained to assess your need and refer you to the most appropriate service or services. This service is offered in over 200 languages and it is also available throughout Alberta.
211 is free, confidential, multilingual and available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Don’t like talking on the phone? Online chat is available from 12-8pm daily at ab.211.ca
If you see someone in distress, you can help before emergency services are needed by calling 211 and pressing 3.
Free Canadian Medication Savings Card
How it works
Join 1.5 million Canadians already saving and get your card today. The innoviCares card is a free prescription savings card available to all Canadian residents, and is funded by participating pharmaceutical manufacturers. Present your innoviCares card at your pharmacy and ask for the brand-name medication. Your card will automatically cover a portion of the cost of the original brand.
Your innoviCares card will coordinate with your existing insurance plan(s), or if you don't have insurance, it can be used on its own.
You can easily download a card to get started today.
Pfizer Original Brand Medication Card
Join the Program
The Pfizer Originals Program is all about helping you stay on your original brand medication while providing you with helpful information about your medication, articles on health and wellness, and much more! All you have to do is join the program. Join here
The program also provides payment assistance. With the Pfizer Originals payment assistance card, you can remain on the original brand medication at little or no additional cost versus the generic. Availability and level of payment assistance vary by brand medication and province. Payment assistance will vary based on your insurance plan coverage of the original brand medication.
The Pfizer Originals payment assistance card works just like the card for your insurance plan. When at the pharmacy, give the card to your pharmacist and they will enter it into their system. You will immediately be covered for most, if not all, of the difference between the original brand and the generic.
Distress and Help Lines
Are you feeling overwhelmed? Have you experienced abuse? Are you contemplating suicide? Now is the time to talk about it. If you or someone you know is in crisis, you can call the Distress Line 24/7 to talk through it.
1. Edmonton and Northern Alberta: Crisis 24 hours:
2. Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta: Crisis 24 Hours:
3. Fort McMurray and Northeastern Alberta: Crisis 24 hours:
4. Calgary and Surrounding area: Crisis 24 hours:
1. International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation - iocdf.org
2. Download the Canadian Sunnybrook OCD Handbook - Here
3. Anxiety Canada - anxietycanada.ca
4. OCD Edmonton - ocdedmonton.ca
5. The OCD Stories - theocdstories.com
1. The Imp of The Mind - Lee Bear
2. Turtles All the Way Down - John Green
3. I Hardly Ever Wash my Hands: The Other Side of OCD - J.J. Keeler
4. Being me with OCD: How I Learned to Obsess Less and Live my Life - Alison Dotson
5. History is all you Left me - Adam Silvera
6. Finding Perfect - Elly Swartz
1. Understanding OCD: A Guide for Parents and Professionals - Adam Lewin at al
2. Teens and OCD - Barbara Sheen
1. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Theory, Research and Treatment - edited by R.P. Swinson, M.M. Antony, S. Rachman, & M.A. Richter
2. Child and Adolescent Obsessive-compulsive disorder - edited by E.A. Storch, G.R. Geffken, & T.K. Murphy